Monday, January 30, 2012

I Need a classroom game for tomorrow based on Astronomy. Suggestions?

We have been using the Apologia Curriculum at our co op for our 3rd-4th grade class. I have 12 students and need a game for tomorrow for them. Im thinking a "Jeopardy" type game, does any one else have any good suggestions?I Need a classroom game for tomorrow based on Astronomy. Suggestions?
I like your Jeopardy idea. What I would do is write down the main things I wanted the kids to take from the class. For instance, it might be important to you that the know the names of the planets. That they know about the reclassification of Pluto. You might want them to be able to which planets are gas giants, etc. I would first make a list of all of those sorts of facts I wanted them really "get". Then I would make the cards of the "answers" to which the kids would reply with their "questions". For instance one card might say something like, "It is the Planet that shares a name with a toxic metal." To which the kid would be expected to answer, "What is Mercury?"



Then I would shuffle up the cards so each kid would get a random question. I would give the kids a bell or something to hit when they are ready to answer. Then you're set to go.I Need a classroom game for tomorrow based on Astronomy. Suggestions?
Hi,



I am a homeschool dad and small business owner.



One of our products is called LearningSquared which is a jeopardy style classroom game. You get to create and play your own game. You build the Answers and Questions.



The game supports up to six players or teams, it automatically keeps score, includes 2 rounds and "daily double" questions.



If you contact me, I will GIVE you an activation code for free. We usually charge $34.95 for the product.



You can get details on LearningSquared and download the trial version at the link below.



Send me an email after you've downloaded and I'll send you the activation code.



Does not work with windows vista (XP is fine).I Need a classroom game for tomorrow based on Astronomy. Suggestions?
That's a good one



If you want to use consetllations that game that show part of a picture (concentration) might work.



Remember Jeopardy MUST be in the form of a question!

No comments:

Post a Comment