Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's a great idea for a game I can play with the children I am teaching about what we have learned?

I have been teaching 8 students 5 lessons on our solar system in an after school program. On our final day we have a little celebration and we play a game that pretty much assesses what the children have learned...what's a fun and creative game we can play? I was thinking of doing a jeopardy type game but I would really like something a little more creative and different.What's a great idea for a game I can play with the children I am teaching about what we have learned?
There are a lot of fun games, including ones that are like jeopardy and who wants to be a millionaire, at www.quia.com



You can make a free trial to make your own games, or you can look at a lot of games about the solar system that other teachers made: http://www.quia.com/shared/search?adv_se鈥?/a>



Hope they like it!What's a great idea for a game I can play with the children I am teaching about what we have learned?
What age are the students?What's a great idea for a game I can play with the children I am teaching about what we have learned?
Split them into two teams and play numbered heads. Here's how it works:

You ask a question and give them a couple seconds to discuss the question with their group and then you hold up a certain number of fingers (between 1 and 4). The kids on each team were assigned a number (1 through 4) at the beginning of the game and the person with that number stands up. Whichever team has their representative stand up first gets the chance to answer the question- no talking to their group at this point. If the wrong person in the group stands up or they give the wrong answer, the representative from the other team gets to try the question.



I've tried this with large groups and it gets where certain teams give up but if you only had two teams I think it would work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment