Thursday, January 26, 2012

When I saw Jeopardy (game show) for the first time today, I didn't get the game. Can you pls explain it to me?

Jeopardy, although it works on the premise of reverse Answer --%26gt; Question format, it still has the players to figure out the answer.

Jeopardy Provides the Answer, unlike in other trivia games. The players have to Provide the correct corresponding/respective Question.



for example, and notice I said corresponding/respective Question because the Category the Answer is given has to correspond to the question.



U.S. A. Presidents

First president of the U.S.A (answer)



Who is George Washington (q)

Had this been a regular trivia asking game The question Who is George Washington?

(a) The 1st president of the U.S.A.



Another category

MOVIES

(a) Movie set in Georgia about little black boy with a lot of troubles.

(q) Who is George Washington



See the questions are the same but the categories are different.When I saw Jeopardy (game show) for the first time today, I didn't get the game. Can you pls explain it to me?
Certainly. Instead of asking a question, Jeopardy presents the "Answer" in a specific category and it is the contestant's responsibility to "guess the question". The higher the cash prize, the more difficult the question. Double Jeopardy allows a contestant to bet how much they think they can win on the answer.
What planet are you from?When I saw Jeopardy (game show) for the first time today, I didn't get the game. Can you pls explain it to me?
You have to be really smart and know a little bit about everything. You have to answer the questions in the form of a question... "Who Is ..." or "What Is..."



Example: What can be used to make copies of a document?

Answer: "What is a Xerox machine."
and the contestant has to form their "answer" as a question - who is _____, what is _____, etcWhen I saw Jeopardy (game show) for the first time today, I didn't get the game. Can you pls explain it to me?
and the simpler answers often give two clues to the question information, like a rhyme. The category names limit the information, especially those that include a sylable or letter in quotes, where the question must refer to the limit - if the category is "the 'Y' of it" and the answer is "A bread spread made only from strained grape juice", the question must look like "What is grape jelly?" not like "What is grape jam" because jam does not have a y in it, beside being wrong (jam is made from unstrained juice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment