Monday, January 30, 2012

Do you find jingles from ads, game shows and other shows to be catchy and invasive?

I am serious about this question. Every time I hear the theme for the game show, Jeopardy, it sticks! Hubby, used to watch this and I could simply hear that jingle and it would play over and over in my head! Catchy little diddy!



Do you have a jingle which invades your thoughts when you hear it?Do you find jingles from ads, game shows and other shows to be catchy and invasive?
Oh, yes, they're incredibly invasive and meant to be that way. I don't know if you remember the old commercial for Salem cigarettes; it had a jingle that went "you can take Salem out of the country, but you can't take the country out of Salem". That ran for about a year, then they purposely left out the "you can't take the country out of Salem" part, leaving you hanging - and, naturally, filling it in in your head. The one for Almond Joy and Mounds is catchy, too. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Ha ha.
I think we had more of these when we were younger...Who doesn't remember the Pepsodent song? Or the Brylcreem ad? So many of those little ditties just got stuck and wouldn't budge!



Not so much nowadays....although I do agree that the Jeopardy theme is instantly recognisable.Do you find jingles from ads, game shows and other shows to be catchy and invasive?
Now the knuckle dragging neanderthal male comes out.On Saturday morning when I'm listening to The Golf Show Budweiser has a short commercial jingle called Real Men of Genius for Bud Light.
Hi gaillee, I know some of them can drive me insane.

I do like the odd ad theme though this being one of them.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruTipqiXN鈥?/a>Do you find jingles from ads, game shows and other shows to be catchy and invasive?
Do you have a jingle which invades your thoughts when you hear it?







Yes and it makes no sense at all:



"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
I have had, but I can't think of any at this time. I do like the parity of "I lost on Jeopardy" by weird Al.
No, just plain old irritating.
The only thing I hate is the wheel spinning..and that can be on the Wheel of Fortune or Price is Right..!! arrrgghh!!! So annoying!!!
if I hear that one "Go compare" i'll throw something at the screen, I manage to silence it

No comments:

Post a Comment