Saturday, January 14, 2012

How do you play a jeopardy review game?

I want to review some things with my students before we have a quiz on friday. I thought it would be fun to set up the review as a game, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I want everyone to be involved. Got any ideas?How do you play a jeopardy review game?
I have been using my form of jepardy for the past 12 years now in the classroom. This is how I do it. I divide the material I am teaching into four categories and then place five terms or concepts I want them to know under the catergories that I think they fit the best. Then I create fun fifth category which I call miscellaneous which I might had some simple trivia things under (the kids at first are usually to scared of this category because of the title). I tell the students that they must put their answers in the form of of a questions or they get it wrong (so if I say "He was the first U.S. President under the U.S. Constitution - the student much answer "who is George Washington). I will right the categories on the board with number underneath them. I will often ask one or two students to work the board and help me (one to erase the number and another to help me pick the student who raise his/her hand up first). I will often give participation points or bonus points for the test for the students who do the best (or during holloween I give the kids candy).



Good Luck!!!How do you play a jeopardy review game?
I am glad it worked out for you.



Take care!!!

Report Abuse

How do you play a jeopardy review game?
Put it on a power point and hyperlink the gameboard numbers like 100, 200 etc to an question then hyperlink the question to the answer and then back to the game board. I can send you mine in a attachment to look at if you want. Keep score. We usually do boys against the girls and each person answers one question.

No comments:

Post a Comment