Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hey everyone...i need help thinking of a game for my 5th graders to play for a math review?

many of my students have different abilities esp when it comes to math... and i've been doing this one particular game all year and i want some new ideas. i thought of jeopardy but it would be hard to control the differentiation of it...if any of you have any ideas or teach 5th grade and can help..please do. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! thanksHey everyone...i need help thinking of a game for my 5th graders to play for a math review?
Human tic tac toe. Set up 9 chairs (3x3) in the middle of the room.

Two teams (I do boys vs girls because then it's easy to see if they've got 3 in a row). One team on either side of the room. I ask the first person in line a question (that I think that they can probably get - there's the differentiation) - if they get it right, they get to choose a seat. Then the first person on the next team and so forth.

If they get it wrong, they go to the end of the line - but if you choose your questions carefully, that won't happen much!

If you don't want boys and girls on different teams, they can hold their arms like x's and o's to make a tic tac toe.

I use this for all kinds of review and it is always good fun.Hey everyone...i need help thinking of a game for my 5th graders to play for a math review?
My 6th grade teacher did Math Jeoprady right before a test and it helped everyone alot..



You should try it.



He devided the class into three diffrent sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment