Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I am looking for a dvd player with closed captioning capabilities. Are these hard to find?

Can't get the jeopardy dvd game to work. the troubleshooting website says we need dvd player with closed captioning capability (CC). site distinguishes between CC on TV and CC on DVD player. I never heard of DVD player with CC. I cannot find info on www.

HELP! SammyI am looking for a dvd player with closed captioning capabilities. Are these hard to find?
I'm having the same problem. I have two DVD players and neither have CC. CC is mandatory starting when? Subtitles are not the same as CC. I read somewhere to turn the volume all the way down on the DVD player, that didn't work either. Someone else said they bought a DVD player at Walmart for $27 that has CC. Thanks Jeopardy for letting us know we needed CC to use the game. What's the odds of me owning two DVD players and neither has CC. WHAT KIND OF DVD PLAYERS DON'T HAVE CC? Answer: WHAT IS MINE!
I just recently spoke to a person at the help desk for this particular Jeopardy game and she told me that she bought the cheapest Magnovox dvd player at Wal*Mart. It's around 30 bucks and she owns the game herself and said it works perfectly for her game at home.

Report Abuse

I am looking for a dvd player with closed captioning capabilities. Are these hard to find?
I too have 2 DVD players and it appears neither one have the CC. I searched on the DVD menu and the TV menu. I spoke with the DVD customer service and they said the CC option should be on the actual DVDs not the player. Any information would be helpful!!
I have th same problem. I have a sony DVP-NS775V, and there is no CC "on/off" setting in the menu. I emailed MGA entertainment, but I am not all that hopeful.I am looking for a dvd player with closed captioning capabilities. Are these hard to find?
All DVD players can do CC, it is mandatory.

On DVDs, you enable CC in the DVD menu. On TVs, you enable CC in the TV menu.
Are you sure you dont mean "Subtitles"?



Every DVD player made has the ability to turn subtitles on or off. But it is based on the Disk to have subtitles encoded.



Look at your DVD remote. One of the buttons should say "Subtitles On/Off". That might be all you need.
I have the same problem! We spent hours on the holiday trying to program the game remote. Now we learn we need CC capability which our dvd player does not have. It's three or four years old. Is this something new? Do all dvd players now have this?
  • happy wheels 2
  • bloons tower defense 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment