Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is your marriage/relationship in jeopardy because of your spouse's PC game playing habits?

My worst nightmare has been World of Warcraft. I know the expansion pack is due out in October/November, and I am deeply concerned that my marriage won't survive it. He plays from the time he gets home until he goes to bed. He plays all weekend. My daughter and I do not exist anymore, just his guildmates.Is your marriage/relationship in jeopardy because of your spouse's PC game playing habits?
There should be a new addition to the marriage vows......no gaming addiction.
It's better to have him at home playing video games then out in the streets, drinking and playing with other women. Talk to him maybe you can come to some kind of agreement on the amount of time he will spend playing the came.Is your marriage/relationship in jeopardy because of your spouse's PC game playing habits?
family first...take the computer away!
Don't worry, he will get sick of that game one of this day. Talk to him and let him know how serious the consequences will be if he is going to continue with his PC games...Is your marriage/relationship in jeopardy because of your spouse's PC game playing habits?
Had a co-worker who's fiancee left him because of a guy she meet after playing World of Warcraft...he's told me of other friends who have lost boyfriends or girlfriends over spending too many hours playing that specific PC game. I had a falling out that lasting a couple years with my ex over CounterStrike...he woke up %26amp; played it, wouldn't come to bed because he was playing it, wouldn't leave the house, really. It can be addicting, but it does strain relationships %26amp; my best advice is to let him know exactly how you feel about this, that it may not be serious to him, but it is devasting to you. Compromise may be a good idea, he may get some set hours on the computer to play his game, while there are "family-time" hours that need to be set out. Just my opinion of course. Good luck %26amp; best wishes.
go buy a real big hammer.....problem solved
My boyfriend and I really had a problem with this when we were first dating.. I hated that he was on the computer.. But then I relized that was his thing.. We all have our things we enjoy.. I would tell him that I didn't think he was taking our relationship seriously. That would just get him upset, and he would run to hte computer. Our soultion? I started playing. We grouped together in-game. We've started a guild together. It gives us something else to talk aobut (and lets face it, wow comes up alot in ur relationship, it may as well be positive) But we also set up time where there was No computer. Having a set time when I know he wasnt going to be preoccupied made me feel less like we had a third wheel in our relationship. Maybe this wont work for everyone, but if you love him, then maybe it's worth a shot.
SOunds like my bf. but he has his "seasons", you know, football,baseball,basket ball, PC GAMES, board games,book, t.v. etc. Did you talk to him about it? what does he say about this?

I try to understand my bf, all of us have a weird hobbie that we just cant forget about and hey, for me it's better to have my man at home with me even if he doesnt pay attention to me sometimes, than knowing he is at a strip club with his buddies
try playing with him.....he will really love it...then again maybe not and will ignore you in the game world too. My wife plays WoW with me...however we only play an hour or so each day.
let the guy move in with his "buddies" so he can play full time and you can move on...

guys are MORONS when it comes to them first
We all need time to ourselves, so you can't insist that he gives it up completely. You could set it up so that you both get a "break" each week. When it is your husband's break time, go out with your daughter for a little bit. You get some quality time with your girl, and your husband can get the break he needs. Then, he will do the same for you. It works well for my husband and I (my hubby had an "eBay" habit for a while there, but we worked it out).



Sit down with your husband and calmly talk to him about your concerns. Try to work something out so that he can play his game, but also spend time with his family.



Good luck!
Do something to get your husbands attention like put your daughter to bed early and come out wearing a lingerie. Whisper some sexy stuff in his ear....he'll turn the game off. But you have to follow through!!! Good luck!
Sounds alot like my hubby, except he enjoys playing Xbox... I really haven't found a way to deal with it either. Him playing has really put a strain on our marriage and we are newlyweds. I'd like some insight on this as well
Try to explain to him how important his time is to you. Schedule family activities, get his buy-in to help cook dinner. Lastly, ask him to get with a guild that has scheduled raids. The raids take the most time so if he can find a guild that has a set schedule, it will give all his other time to the family.
  • auto auction
  • bubble pop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment