Thursday, February 9, 2012

What can I do to "train" for knowledge bowl?

I'm in knowledge bowl at school which is exactly like jeopardy with teams. I watch jeopardy and millionare and I play the jeopardy game online. What else can I do to "train" for knowledge bowl?What can I do to "train" for knowledge bowl?
My brother and I both were on Academic Team (which has Knowledge Bowl-type competitions) from early elementary school all the way through high school. We would memorize lists of related things, such as the books an author wrote, Nobel Peace Prize winners, the capitals of countries. Great sites that have countless lists are www.factmonster.com and www.infoplease.com.



Our mom also bought us the Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, which has short descriptions of authors, historical events, objects in science, religions--almost any category you can think of.



The best part of studying, though, was that we studied together; our mom would read with us, find books or lists we could study, and quiz us on the things we were trying to memorize. My brother and I would often keep score on which of us knew more answers. That way, we worked on our speed and were motivated to learn as much as we could. It's also helpful just to quiz yourself; make a list of questions or short phrases on one sheet and the answers on another.



Good luck!
hmmm. Try reading "Brainiac" by Ken Jennings.What can I do to "train" for knowledge bowl?
YOU CAN STUDY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS VERY HARD. GET BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY ON SUBJECTS LIKE MATH, SCIENCE, HISTORY, SOCIOLOGY, BIOLOGY, THEORIES; ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE ASKED AS QUESTIONS ON KNOWLEDGE BOWL. AND AFTER YOU STUDY TOPICS AND YOU BEGIN TO THINK THAT YOU'RE UNDERSTANDING THEM QUITE WELL, YOU SHOULD ASK SOMEONE TO QUIZ YOU ON THE TOPICS.
Stop asking broad questions, and narrow the answers down to specifics. Not what can I do, But what "Should" I do.What can I do to "train" for knowledge bowl?
Try to get level 7 on yahoo answers.

Thats some good knowledge right there.
Get Ken Jennings book on how he trained.



http://www.amazon.com/Brainiac-Adventure鈥?/a>
There is an ancient Yogic technique in which one stares at a simple object, like a pencil, and chants the information for seven minutes. This makes you think of the answer whenever you see the object.



Make sure the object is something you will see when you are answering questions, or else something you can easily picture in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment