Thursday, February 9, 2012

I need 2nd grade independent practice ideas for teaching multiple meaning words!?

I have 3 different leveled reading groups and am looking for a tiered plan for independent practice. I found a powerpoint and a jeopardy game that I will do eith all of the kids...but I need different independent practice assignments. Any ideas?I need 2nd grade independent practice ideas for teaching multiple meaning words!?
Maybe you could have the students create short sentences using the words then read them to the class. Or have them write the words meaning in markers on poster paper and read to the class. Or for lower groups have students draw pictures in markers of the meanings of the words. Hope I helped! :)I need 2nd grade independent practice ideas for teaching multiple meaning words!?
try the "take it to your seat" books...they are basically file folder games and activities that are made for independent work, but practice all of the necessary skills. they make them for every level of elementary school.



if you buy them from barnes and noble, you can bring your teacher ID card, or a pay stub and get a teacher discount card, to get 20% off all classroom book purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment