Friday, January 20, 2012

What does it mean that a computer is going to compete on Jeopardy the tv game show?

I don't understand. Does this mean the question comes up %26amp; the computer retrieves the answer. I just don't understand so any explanation is appreciated.What does it mean that a computer is going to compete on Jeopardy the tv game show?
NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS......TILL...U mentioned it !
Hmm...How Interesting....

* I should think U are RIGHT !
THE Q has to come out first %26amp; then.....:)
Same for us too....
A Q' is put to us %26amp; then we start 'cracking our brains' for a right answer....

* I wonder whether 'Tanner Goin' is participating in the coming Comedy Audition ??
Hahaha.....LOLWhat does it mean that a computer is going to compete on Jeopardy the tv game show?
IBM developed a computer named Watson to compete in Jeopardy, just as they created "Deep Blue" to play chess against chess champions.

I actually was a former Jeopardy champ invited by IBM to play against Watson a year ago. (I beat it once, it beat me once.) It's an incredibly complex machine.

Report Abuse

What does it mean that a computer is going to compete on Jeopardy the tv game show?
I was part of the testing at IBM headquarters for Watson. In fact, I was in the first group of former Jeopardy contestants to play against the machine. Here is an article from the NY Times about this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06鈥?/a>

Report Abuse


"I said I was REALLY PREPARED, not HEARING IMPAIRED!"

No comments:

Post a Comment